Preventive Dentistry in Lagos
Prevention is better than cure
Like the popular saying goes, “prevention is better than cure.” The same applies to your dental health. To help you guard against dental issues or emergencies. Preventive dental care is necessary to keeping your teeth healthy throughout the course of your life. But it goes beyond that. Good oral health can impact your general health, as well. At Luxe, our Dental Clinic in Lagos, we help you protect your precious smile by providing professional advice on how to best handle your oral health, and also periodic checks to ensure your dental health and ultimately design your radiant smile.
What is preventive dentistry?
It is dental care that helps maintain good oral health. It combines regular dental check-ups with developing good habits like brushing and flossing. Taking care of your teeth starts early in childhood and extends throughout the course of your life.
What services does preventive dentistry offer?
Preventive dentistry services include:
- Regular oral exams, usually every 6 months
- Teeth cleaning
- Routine X-rays
All of these services depend on your dental health plan and what it covers.
How can I take care of my dental health?
Preventive dental care starts with you. Developing healthy dental habits early in life can help reduce cavities, gum disease, and gingivitis. Here are the basics of good oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day—usually morning and night—using a medium-textured bristled toothbrush and fluoride containing toothpaste. Your dentist can recommend the best toothbrush and toothpaste for you. They can also instruct you on how to properly brush.
- Floss daily to get food that’s stuck between teeth before it turns to plaque.
- Use a mouthwash to rinse out food particles after flossing.
- Avoid acidic foods that can harm tooth enamel.
- Don’t smoke or use tobacco products—these can lead to cancer and other dental problems.
- Use a mouth guard when participating in certain sports..
- If you grind your teeth at night, ask your dentist for a nighttime mouth guard to help reduce gum recession.
How do I benefit from preventive dentistry?
Regular preventive dental exams provide the following benefits to your oral health:
- Lowers your risk for developing tooth decay, gum disease, and more serious dental problems.
- Helps promote good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing.
- Early identification of dental problems may help minimize treatment time and cost.
- Enables your dentist to do a full exam of your mouth, jaw, neck, etc. to identify any related problems.
- Helps reduce dental problems related to some chronic medical conditions. Diabetes, osteoporosis, certain cancers, and eating disorders can all have an effect on dental and oral health. For people with chronic conditions, regular preventive dental care is an important part of whole person health.
With access to
Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm
+234 805 355 2231
Service Recipient Says
I just deboned my braces after 18 months and I love the results. I am smiling confidently and ready to smash my goals.Titi Medunoye
I like your service, the service delivery is great and I felt at home even though I had an implant surgery. I didn't feel any discomfort.King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall
I loved the service and professionalism. I am definitely coming back and would definitely recommend to others.Divine Ikubor (Rema)
I got incredibly good deals on braces and Laser whitening. I highly recommend Luxe DentalAdunni Ade