Endodontics in Lagos
A severe toothache can take over your life. Our highly trained endodontists (dental specialists) repair tissues inside the tooth in intricate ways. They diagnose and treat complex causes of tooth pain, such as tooth abscess (infection). Endodontists perform root canal treatments and other procedures to relieve pain. They work to save your natural tooth. Our endodontists in Lagos, at Luxe Dental, are eager to handle any challenge you are experiencing with your teeth, and ensure you leave happier than you came.
What is Endodontics?
This is a dental specialty that is concerned with the study and treatment of the dental pulp, which is the soft inner tissue found within a tooth. The word is derived from two Greek words namely ‘endo’ which means inside and ‘odont’ which means tooth.
How does endodontics work?
The endodontist removes the inflamed or infected pulp, carefully cleans and shapes the inside of the root canal, then fills and seals the space. Afterward, you will return to your dentist, who will place a crown or other restoration on the tooth to protect and restore it to full function. After restoration, the tooth continues to function like any other tooth.
When do I need Endodontics?
There are a few symptoms that mean you might need a root canal:
- Severe pain while chewing or biting
- Pimples on the gums
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- Lingering sensitivity to hot or cold, even after the sensation has been removed
- Swollen or tender gums
- Deep decay or darkening of the gums
What kind of dental problem requires endodontics?
- Root canal treatment
- This is a form of treatment that is performed under local anesthesia in order to remove a damaged nerve and possibly infected pulp to save the tooth. The expert uses various tools to remove the inflamed or infected pulp and then cleans and disinfects the tooth to prevent infection. After disinfecting the tooth, the endodontist uses a rubber-like material called gutta-percha to fill and seal the cavity. Once this is done, the tooth is generally restored using a crown or filling for long term protection. Treatment options for teeth that are infected but are not suitable for endodontics are limited – and generally an extraction is all that is possible.
- Endodontic re-treatment
This is a form of treatment that is provided to individuals who have already had root canal treatment. Root canal treatment can become painful or diseased months or even years since the first treatment was done. These reasons for the failure of the treatment are not well understood but can be caused by a poor initial treatment or a complex canal system. Re-treatment is complex and not always possible – especially if a large post is present in the tooth.
- Endodontic surgery
This is a procedure that helps to locate small fractures or hidden canals which were not detected by xrays or previous nonsurgical root canal procedure. The procedure helps to remove any calcium deposits or to treat damaged root surfaces or the surrounding bone. A common surgical procedure that is undertaken is the apicectomy or root end resection.
- What are the benefits of Endodontics?
The benefits of undergoing an endodontic treatment are;
- It stops the spread of infection to neighboring teeth
- It has a visually appealing result
- It aims to save your teeth
- It prevents the jawbone to degenerate
- It enhances oral and overall health
With access to
Monday - Saturday 9am - 5pm
+234 805 355 2231
Service Recipient Says
I just deboned my braces after 18 months and I love the results. I am smiling confidently and ready to smash my goals.Titi Medunoye
I like your service, the service delivery is great and I felt at home even though I had an implant surgery. I didn't feel any discomfort.King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall
I loved the service and professionalism. I am definitely coming back and would definitely recommend to others.Divine Ikubor (Rema)
I got incredibly good deals on braces and Laser whitening. I highly recommend Luxe DentalAdunni Ade