What is Aligner. The aligners technology is a technology that allows the dentist to make your teeth look straight. It works by creating a series of aligners that are created specifically for you they fit over your teeth and gradually move them into the correct position.
This technology is similar to traditional braces, but without the wires and brackets that can cut into your gums. These aligners are comfortable and easy to wear, making them ideal for adults who want to straighten their smiles without having to deal with any discomfort or embarrassment.
Aligners are made from a clear plastic material called Invisalign. They can be worn during the day or at night, and they snap back into place just like regular braces when removed!
Aligners are the clear alternative to braces. They straighten your teeth without metal or wires, and are virtually invisible! No one will know that you’re straightening your teeth unless you tell them. Not only that but aligners can be removed for eating and brushing your teeth, making them more convenient than traditional metal braces.
Overcrowding, gapped teeth, overbite, and underbite are just a few of the orthodontic issues that can be treated with aligners.
Aligners are clear plastic braces that are worn over your teeth and are smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible. Because no one will notice you are wearing them, you will be able to smile more both during and after treatment.
They are also removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment by simply removing the aligners. You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and a healthy smile and gums.
Invisible Teeth Aligners
- Clear Aligners – A dental laboratory creates these custom-made plastic trays. They are transparent and act as a mouthguard, covering the teeth.
- Transparent Braces – Traditional metal braces have been replaced by clear brackets that blend in with the patient’s teeth. The wires are also made of tooth-coloured material (white or silver). In most cases, it is not noticeable that you are wearing braces when you choose this treatment option.
- Lingual Braces – These are also called incognito or invisible braces because they are mounted on the inner side of the teeth, which makes them less noticeable than traditional fixed braces.
- Ceramic Braces – This type of aligner consists of ceramic brackets and tooth-coloured wires, making them less visible than traditional fixed braces.
- Removable Aligners – Clear removable aligners like Invisalign can be removed for eating, brushing and flossing purposes.
The advantages of aligners are numerous, ranging from the ease and cost of treatment to the comfort and near-invisibility of the aligners themselves. With the advancement in technology and a more open-minded approach to orthodontic treatment, there is no doubt that we will be hearing more about this orthodontic option in the future.
Next week we will talk about Braces vs Aligner: Which is better?
Contact us to see if aligners are right for you!
Let’s design your smile.