Permanent Tooth Replacement
Have you lost a tooth? Regardless of the nature, you can still give off a brilliant, confident smile. If you work on it promptly, your healthy, natural-looking smile can return with recent restorative dentistry . Dental implants are best replacement options for individual tooth loss. At Luxe Dental, it takes not more than two visits to get back your perfect smile.
When it comes to an effective solution with results that last long for tooth loss, then dental implant are best options. There are two stages to the dental implant process: the implant placement and the restoration.
The Implant Placement is the first stage in dental implant during which we insert a titanium or zirconia post into the gum and jaw bone, similar to the natural root canal. Then we let your mouth heal as the post bonds with jaw and gum tissue.
The Restoration has to do with your abutment and crown making the implant function like a natural tooth. The crown is usually either ceramic or porcelain. It’s designed to match the colour, shape, and appearance of the natural teeth. At Luxe Dental, we focus on the entire process till the dental implant procedure is complete.
Are Dental Implants Important?
There are many advantages to a dental implant, including:
- It improves your appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- It improves your speech. Poor-fitting dentures can cause you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without this worry.
- It improves your comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- It makes eating easier. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- It improves your self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- It improves your oral health. Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- It is highly durable. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- It makes for convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Can I Get Dental Implants?
In most cases, anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant. Patients should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. They also must be committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Heavy smokers, people suffering from uncontrolled chronic disorders -- such as diabetes or heart disease -- or patients who have had radiation therapy to the head/neck area need to be evaluated on an individual basis. If you are considering implants, talk to the dentist to see if they are right for you.
How Do I Care for Dental Implants?
Dental implants require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash, and regular dental check-ups.
Get In Touch With Luxe Dental Today!
Whether you have dental anxiety or haven’t been to the dentist in a while, at Luxe Dental, we believe you deserve a great smile. Our friendly team enjoys interacting with patients, and sees every case as an opportunity to solve the individual challenges faced by those who are unhappy with their smiles. Are you a new patient, or looking for hassle-free dental care for the family? Our team is eager to show you that nothing is more important than your dental visit, and helping you design your smile. You can schedule your first appointment here, by phone at +234 805 355 2231 or drop by at our office at 46 Isaac John St, Ikeja GRA 101233, Ikeja, Lagos.